IN HONOR OF ROBERT GILL-MARCUSSEN
Kathy Gill-Marcussen of Ontario was one of our winners in the GREAT CANADIAN GUEST RANCH GETAWAY CONTEST held last year. She was the recipient of a wonderful prize package vacation at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa valued at $3,480. Kathy’s plan was to take her 24-year-old son, Robbie, who was battling an aggressive brain tumour. Robbie was so looking forward to this holiday with his mother who had been his caregiver through this difficult time. Sadly his condition took a downward turn mid summer and they were unable to take this vacation. Robbie passed away on August 4, 2012.
With the blessing of Robbie’s family the BCGRA would like to auction off the prize package to the highest bidder. All proceeds will go to a college fund for Rob’s young son, Nathan. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to experience a guest ranch vacation while giving to a family who has dealt with a great loss.
HOW TO BID
Send your bid to moc.sehcnartseugcb@ofni with “Robbie’s Auction” as the subject by May 22, 2013. Bids will be logged according to time of receipt and you will be notified of acceptance plus what the current highest bid is. All bids must be received by 9 pm on May 22, 2013 to be eligible. ~ Follow the action on Facebook!
ECHO VALLEY RANCH & SPA
This Eco adventure resort is located 435 km/270 miles north of Vancouver, BC via Whistler Resort or Fraser Canyon route. You will find direct flights from many major cities to Vancouver International Airport. ~ EVranch.com
PRIZE PACKAGE INCLUDES
Three Night All-Inclusive “Experience Package” for Two in a Premium Room
Dates valid: June 15 to September 30, 2013
- All meals prepared by our executive chef including a glass of wine or beer with your dinner, and soft beverages at any time. The cookie jar is always stocked!
- Daily turndown service with treats and weather update
- A daily guided half-day horseback ride or a daily $60 spa credit. The choice is yours!
- An introductory equestrian lesson or horsemanship lesson in the ranch’s riding ring Weekly Guided Hiking program
- Daily Thai yoga (Ruesri dat ton) stretching classes with our instructor
- One Fly fishing casting lessons and fly fishing on our own well-stocked ponds (equipment provided)
- Weekly evening entertainment program including roaring camp fires, barbeque dinners, authentic Thai banquet and traditional Thai dancing
- Weekly cooking demonstrations with nutrition tips from our chef as well as tips on Thai cooking
- Use of all ranch facilities including: Large outdoor hot tub, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, fitness centre, numerous self-guided hiking trails, large games room featuring: pool table, shuffle board, darts, card table, Karaoke and a large TV screening room
- Complimentary Wi-Fi